Sunday 4 November 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen Salon Effect Nail Wraps

Today I have something a little different for you. I love to paint my nails, but I love a bargain just as much, and that's what I want to show you.
Looks pretty cool huh? Okay, confession. I didn't paint these. Heck, I can't draw a straight line with a pencil, let alone a nail brush! No, these are actually Sally Hansen Salon Effect Nail Wraps.

I saw on a few British blogs I follow that you can sometimes find some great things in Poundland, and that's where I got these from! Just £1 they cost me, and I can't wait to go back to get some more. Unfortunately these were the only patterned ones I could find in Birmingham, the others were plain.

Here's a close up for you. Ignore any wearing or chips, I've had these on for 3 days now. If you've never used nail wraps before, you really should, they are so much easier to use than you think. These came in a box of 16, which is an odd number, but they all vary in size. I found the biggest size to be too big for my thumb, and the smallest to be just a tad too small for my pinkie.

Basically, all you need to do is select the right size for your nail, peel off the protective plastic backing, then peel the actual wrap off. It's super thin and sticky so be careful with this part. Then, you stick it down onto your nail, smooth it all out and fold it over the edge of your nail, then use the special file that comes with it to remove the excess. That's it! No topcoat needed, and to remove them you just use normal nail polish remover.

Sadly, I can't find the box that mine were in but I did a quick Google search and here's what they look like. It's just a small little box that fits in the palm of your hand.

So, what do you think? Is this something you'd like to try? Or have you used these before? I'd love to hear from you or see pictures of your nails with these wraps on them.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment